Camel Milk & Urine Medicine

I once had a patient with liver cancer and the family told me he is on camel’s milk and urine treatment.
My first reaction was, ugh that is just disgusting! I had heard before of the benefits of camels milk but never thought too much about it.

However now I wanted to look into it more because they told me it has been researched and proven to have many beneficial and medicinal qualities.

There are Hadith about the Prophet Mohammed prescribing camels milk and urine as a treatment, so its benefits have actually been known by Arab Muslims for centuries.

“A group of people came to Medina, became ill and their bellies got swollen ..the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of Milch camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they went as directed and after they became healthy..”Sahih Bukhari, (Volume 1, Book 4, Number 234)”

An old remedy
I was surprised to find that urotherapy has actually been used around the world for treatment of various illnesses throughout times. Some used cow’s urine, goats urine, and even humans own urine! In fact today the urine of pregnant horses is used for womens menopausal treatment. The medicine contains Premarin which is extracted from the urine.

Unique composition
Camel’s urine contains a number of healing factors such as antibiotics (bacteria that are present in it, salts and urea). The camel possesses an immune system that is highly equipped to combat funguses, bacteria and viruses, because of the antibodies that it contains. The most beneficial urine is that of the Bedouin camels known as najeeb.

Broad spectrum use
Camels urine is a known remedy for low libido throughout times. It aids in bone growth in children and in strengthening the heart muscles. It may be used as a cleansing agent for cleaning wounds and sores, especially the urine of young she-camels. It also helps humans to grow their hair making it become strong and thick. Came urine helps to prevent hair loss and baldness, and can be used to treat dandruff.

Camel urine may also be used to treat blood clots and fibrinolytics may be derived from it. The urine may also be used to treat dropsy (which is caused by a deficiency in albumin and potassium camel’s urine is rich in both). Camel’s urine may also provide a remedy for abdominal complaints, liver diseases like hepatitis, and liver cirrhosis. Studies show it has a hepatoprotective (liver protecting) effect.

Came urine and treatment of cancer
Camel urine has been researched and found to have cytotoxic effects, comparable to the standard drug cyclophosphamide: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8771453
Recently a Saudi female scientist has done extensive research on the benefits of camel urine and milk. Dr. Faten Abdel-Rahman Khorshid has been researching camel urine at King Abdul Aziz University for seven years and has since received an award for gold medal for innovation in the Kingdom in 2008. Her research was chosen one of the top six innovations of the year 2009 at the International Innovation and Technology Exhibition.

Khorshid is combining specific amounts of camel milk and urine to develop her medicine and focuses on particular types of cancer, including lung cancer, blood cancers, stomach cancer, colon cancer, brain tumors and breast cancer.

Camel Milk Formula
My patients relatives gave me the specific formula dr. Korshid created for the treatment. It starts with a single dose of camels milk (30 ml) to be taken in the morning before breakfast. The milk should be hand milked from a wild grazing grass-only eating camel. The formula then proceeds in stages (if patient is tolerating) doubling the amount of milk, then to be taken twice daily until patient is taking 360 mls milk twice daily. The next phase then starts combining the milk with small amount urine (5mls) and increases slowly as tolerated.

Fresh camel’s  milk.

Dr. Korshid concluded in her research that nano-particles in camels urine may help treat cancer!

Healing Milk
Camel’s milk has numerous healing factors and the close analysis of camel milk shows medicinal potential. The milk protein lactoferrin, which is present in large quantities in camel milk (ten times higher than in cow milk), has some anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Fermented camel milk is high in lactic bacteria, which have been shown to be effective against pathogens including Bacillus, Staphylococcus, Salmonella and Escherichia. Vitamin C content in camel milk is generally double that in cow’s milk.
Camel’s milk causes a noticeable reduction in diabetic patients sugar levels and is beneficial for diabetic management.

Here’s an interesting study on camel milk as an adjuvant therapy for the treatment of type 1 diabetes: Verification of a traditional ethnomedical practice

The beneficial effect of camel milk in diabetic nephropathy:

Camel milk and its effect on treatment of hepatitis:

Camel milk and urine might have some huge medicinal potential in them but it definitely needs more research.. In the future camel owners might be (even) more rich than they are now!

Find out more amazing facts about camel milk and urine here: Camel Milk- an Elixir from the Desert

• SariraJune 7, 2010 - 4:58 pm

Asalamu aliakum sis!

I found your blog when you commented on Noor’s blog (little pink strawberries). I’m in saudi Arabia, too ;)

anyways, I had also heard the hadith before about camel urine but I had never read the research behind it. That was interesting. Jazaki Allah for sharing, <3ReplyCancel

• N.BJune 7, 2010 - 6:59 pm
  • Susie of ArabiaJune 7, 2010 - 11:19 pm

Interesting! I can’t imagine drinking camel’s urine though – gross!!! Maybe if they put it in a pill…ReplyCancel

• DentographerJune 28, 2010 - 1:20 pm

extremely informative mashallah!ReplyCancel

• .'.~(¯`·.LiNda.·´¯)~.'.March 29, 2012 - 5:10 pm

WOW Sis……..Mashallah your blog is so AMAZING, INSPIRATIONAL & INFORMATIVE – I’m so glad I discovered it while searching for an proper answer to tell a non-Muslim about “Why Muslims shouldn’t allow Hospice to intervene when their on their death beds.” – This was a refreshing treat coming across your lovely blog. If your on Facebook sister, please feel free to add me: Linda Flis Ahmed

Jazakallah Khair!
    Linda :)ReplyCancel

• .'.~(¯`·.LiNda.·´¯)~.'.March 29, 2012 - 5:16 pm

Mashallah sis……I’m so HAPPY I discovered your most interesting blog. It was very informative and I feel so refreshed after reading your stories and checking out your most AMAZING pictures! If your on Facebook please feel free to add me: Linda Flis Ahmed – Now back to searching for a reason Why Muslims shouldn’t allow Hospice to intervene with their dying loved ones….to let one of my ex-classmates (non-Muslim) know since she works as a Nurse with Hospice and wants to know what they can do and can’t do when they come across a Muslim patient. May Allah bless you and us all for all our good deeds in this life and Inshallah grant us the hereafter! :) Jazak Allah Khair! Linda :)ReplyCancel

• MurjanOctober 26, 2013 - 10:21 am

Intresting…….I wil start this medication for my mum….I also. need your prayers peeeps.My mother is a Ca Cancer patient…Jzkl khairmReplyCancel

• LaylaOctober 26, 2013 - 10:38 pm

Prayers for your mother!ReplyCancel

• NishathJune 11, 2015 - 3:51 pm

|Is your moother cure with this treatment..ReplyCancel

• […] this teenage Saudi bride, who just wanted to be ‘fair and lovely’ on her weeding day. Read here how camel urine is used to whiten skin in Saudi Arabia. Naturally I told her she looked beautiful because I didn’t want to offend her, but to this […]ReplyCancel

• Mohammed Gujbawu HarunaMarch 30, 2014 - 10:47 am

Salam! Im diabetic and currently on urine theraphy.im happy Im seeing the good results.
    ReplyCancel

• […] andit even has cancer cell killing properties. Just check these articles to read all about it: Camel Milk and Urine Medicine  Camel Milk- The Elixir of the Desert One of the daughters  of a patient I was treating had taken […]ReplyCancel

• Mahadi M ImamMay 10, 2014 - 1:05 pm

Allah is the greatest!!!ReplyCancel

• KarolMay 30, 2014 - 3:03 pm

Hello,
    Where can I buy camel urine medicines?Could you recommand me any local company that is spezialized in that kind of manufacturing?ReplyCancel

• LaylaMay 30, 2014 - 5:04 pm

Sorry I don’t know of any company making them, just bedouins who use it for their own use.ReplyCancel

• habibu ahmad birnin yauriOctober 29, 2014 - 10:15 am

assalamu alaikum sister mine is to say jaza killahu khair, for making the world see one of the authenticity of Islam’s prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) sayings may Allah make it easy for all of us.ReplyCancel

• Mohamed Reda JaafariDecember 11, 2014 - 6:45 pm

amazing !ReplyCancel

• […] Read more on the health benefits of camel milk and urine here:http://blueabaya.com/2010/06/camels-milk-urine-potential-cure-for.html […]ReplyCancel

• CoralMarch 31, 2015 - 6:04 am

The camel’s milk association sells camels urine by the pint! I just purchased someReplyCancel

• LaylaApril 1, 2015 - 5:52 pm

Interesting, thanks! A pint should last a very long time lolReplyCancel

• Anwar SadatDecember 17, 2015 - 3:48 pm

Assalamu alaikum
    I am hepatitis b patient I am happy to see this site, I think I HV found solution to my illness.
    Jazkallahu khairanReplyCancel

• Mary JosefJuly 1, 2016 - 2:56 pm

my name is Mary,i am here to share my testimony about what Dr Osele did for me, he saved me from dying. I confirmed that i was Hepatitis B positive when i was 7weeks pregnant, i gave birth and later confirmed that my baby was also infected. i was frustrated and hopeless, i contacted Doctors and they all promised to help me but their effort was helpless. Some of my friends began to laugh at me and said that i will die miserably, i loosed hope and thought that my child and i will never be free of hEP B, till we die a shameful death, on a very good day i was browsing through the internet and i saw a testimony of one miss cristina talking about how Dr Osele helped her cure her from hep B, i did not believe but i decided to give Dr Osele a try and i contacted him with his Email, healthmedicallab@gmail.com He told me not to worry that he will help me and my daughter to be free of Hep b and he ask me to send him some of my information, i did, and sent medicine to me, he ask me to take it for 8days and also give to my daughter, i did as he Ordered, on the 9th day he emailed me and ask me to go with my daughter to the hospital for Hep b test, after the test result came out i confirmed that we are Hep B negative i could not believe it, tears of joy fell from my eyes that moment.. I am so happy to tell the world that my daughter and i are Hep B negative, we are now living a happy life without hep b.Please help me to thank Dr Osele for his great help. If you have any problem feel free to contact Dr Osele with his Email:healthmedicallab@gmail.com I guarantee you that he can also help you solve your problem.he even told me he cured all kind of diseases such as cancer, hiv/aids, herpes simplex, diabetes and other. contact him email or whatsapp : healthmedicallab@gmail.com or +27846531636ReplyCancel

• Mary JosefJuly 1, 2016 - 2:57 pm

• Jamshid KhanJuly 9, 2016 - 9:53 am

Desert Farms Camel Milk UK- Camel Milk! Camel Milk UK Natures most wholesome dairy beverage. Prized for centuries by nomads and bedouins. Buy Camel Milk Online
    56 Raynham
    Norfolk Crescent
    London, W2 2PQ UK
    +44 203 695 8445ReplyCancel

• PaulaSeptember 1, 2016 - 2:32 pm

I am looking for the raw camel milk and urine treatment for my sister who has uterine cancer that is slowly spreading outside into other areas of her body. If someone can direct me to getting access to the camel milk as urine treatment I would like to try to help my sister.ReplyCancel