10 Activities For Women in Riyadh

I meant to post this on earlier but what stopped me was the Move From Hell which we experienced this week! Believe it or not we were sleeping on the floor in the new house, while our beds and foods were being held hostage overnight in the moving truck by the greedy and totally unprofessional moving firm men. If you want to hear all about this moving experience with not one but two incompetent unprofessional and rude moving companies then go to this post: Move from…

Now after all that stress, a picture of colorful lollipops to change the mood.. :)

lollipops in riyadh

And now to the positive things! Sorry men of Riyadh but you’re out of luck this April! Looks like there’s TONS of stuff to do this month but mostly it’s for the ladies in Riyadh. This is the month of exhibitions so be sure to check out at least one of these if you haven’t been to a female only expo in Riyadh yet! Not to be missed!

I cannot stress how much fun it is to go these exhibitions and it’s a great chance for the female expatriates in Riyadh to get to know some Saudi women too. I often hear women complaining it’s impossible to meet and talk to Saudi women here. This is your best chance to see them without any barriers such as the veil and abaya and out of the public eye. You will find Saudi women very friendly, warm, welcoming and curious toward expats at these events.

Here are the Ten Activities  going on in Riyadh this April:

1. Riyadh Fashion Days 8-11th April at Nojoud Mall:

2. Wedding Fair at Nayyara Banquet Hall 22nd-25th April: http://www.nayyara.com/pdf/11th_International_Weddings_expo_EN.pdf

3. Cosmo Beauty Fair 2012 Four Seasons Hotel 21st – 23rd Apr: http://www.riyadhessence.com/all-events.html

4. Go Karting at Reem International Circuit 5pm – 12 am. Every Thursday and Friday.
For more info call 0569082900

5. Join Riyadh Quilt Guild more info here: http://riyadhquiltguild.blogspot.com/

6. For women in Saudi participate and learn at the Glowork Workshops: https://twitter.com/#!/Glowork1/status/185997229817987072/photo/1/large
Job search for women in Saudi: http://www.glowork.net/

7. GCON 1st Girls Gaming Convention! April 11th-12th, PSU:  http://www.gcon-riyadh.com/

8. Write a restaurant review and win an iPad: http://www.riyadheats.com

9. Riyadh Women’s Exhibition 16th to 23rd April: http://rywomexpo.alriyadh.gov.sa/en/

10. Art Expo by Abdulnasser Gharem 10th-12th April, French Embassy, DQ more info: mdfriyadh@yahoo.com

Have fun ladies!

• BoxieApril 6, 2012 - 3:46 am

0_0 all girls gaming con! That is a dream come true.ReplyCancel

• AnonymousApril 6, 2012 - 1:32 pm

Assalaamu Alikum!

I’ve recently moved to Riyadh and I’m looking for a women’s swimming centre- if such a thing exists! Or a leisure centre providing swimming sessions for women.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.ReplyCancel

• MHApril 7, 2012 - 6:23 pm

wa alaikum as-Salaam

Welcome to Riyadh! Manahil leisure centre in the DQ (Diplomatic Quarter) on King Khalid road is a ladies-only facility with swimming pool. There is also a bigger place nearby in the DQ for families with 2 pools – indoor and outdoor which alternate men/ladies each day.ReplyCancel

• LaylahApril 10, 2012 - 8:57 pm

There’s also indoor swimming pools in Al Multaka center and Yibreen spa has an outdoor pool both have lessons as well!ReplyCancel

• AnonymousApril 9, 2012 - 6:08 am

hello,
    I am new in Riyadh and looking for ladies and kids who are interested in learning Indian classical dance(kathak) and bollywood dance as I am an expert from the same field,also wanted to know that can non Saudi girls get job in banks or not, I am a graduate and looking for a reputed job in bank.I will be glad if you kindly guide me for the same,
    Regards,
    JYOTIReplyCancel

• Hilary BeathApril 9, 2012 - 11:25 am

Have you joined The Ladies Club of Riyadh facebook page? There are a lot of Indian and Pakistani women who belong to that group and it would be a good place to find friends and those who might want to learn to dance. Also the Women’s Skills Bureau, www dot wsb-ksa dot com, is a good site to look for work.ReplyCancel

• AnonymousApril 9, 2012 - 1:39 pm

Thanks a lot for such an informative reply. I will join ladies club page on facebook soon.once again thanks
      cheers,
      jyotiReplyCancel

• Hilary BeathApril 9, 2012 - 11:24 am

This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyCancel

• Hilary BeathApril 9, 2012 - 11:33 am

If you want another list of more things to do this April, you can go to the Women’s Skills Bureau site, www dot wsb-ksa dot com and look on the right hand side for the newsletter to download. There is not only a page of April events, but also a page of regular activities, as well as links and contacts for them. For more activities, search on facebook for ALTERnatifs, and also for Saudi Arts & Crafts. Both pages have different activities going for women, beyond the usual coffee mornings.ReplyCancel

• Proud MuslimahApril 10, 2012 - 2:51 am

A gaming convention!? That’s freaking awesome.ReplyCancel

• SdfApril 14, 2012 - 10:42 am

Hi, Riyadh Women's Exhibition 16th to 23rd April, is this only for Saudi Ladies, or anyone can come?ReplyCancel

• Afsal_ AlifApril 16, 2012 - 7:08 pm

Aaahh….I really luv’d that Kingdom Tower, nite view Pic. So,keeping the cursor over it, I right clicked !! U are so cunning that u won’t even allow ur blog viewers to copy or save the images……!! :-)) ny how ,Nice blog……!!
    liked it !!ReplyCancel

• Jason @ Game Convention CentralDecember 27, 2012 - 9:57 pm

Any idea how GCON went? Or if they are planning to do it again this year?ReplyCancel

• annonymousApril 18, 2014 - 2:28 pm

hey am searching for a job in this month or later i speak fluent english and arabic i can help in translating or representing any booth.
    so any job to applay?ReplyCancel

• Jemma templemanApril 20, 2014 - 12:06 pm

Morning. Really need some help to find something to do with my Children this week. Please help me xReplyCancel

• LaylaApril 22, 2014 - 5:19 pm

Hi Jemma!
      What age are your kids? How about visiting the Al Aghar Equestrian club in diplomatic Quarter? it’s open to everyone, family days Friday, after 5 pm. you can pay for horse rides there when you go.ReplyCancel

• ReemJanuary 27, 2015 - 8:38 pm

Hi,

I’m from Abu Dhabi and I’d really love to pay a visit to anything happening that would allow me to interact with more saudi females. I always see them in the UAE but rarely get a chance to socialize the way I want to even though I do have many saudi friends but I don’t think it’s the same.

Anyhow, I’m very interested and I’d love to hear back from you for some advice.ReplyCancel

• ManonJune 5, 2015 - 5:37 pm

There are pretty many activities for women … I am impressed! Thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel