This Tuesday Ten will be a light-hearted post to balance out the recent heavy topics that have been discussed on Blue Abaya :)
I got this meme from a fellow Finnish expat blogger Heli who currently resides in Norway. Thank you Heli! Her Norwegian Diary blog (in Finnish language) can be found here: http://norjalainenpaivakirja.blogspot.com/.
So the idea is to list ten things that get you in a good mood. Pretty easy! And then pass it on to five other bloggers.
Here’s my list:
1. My daughter’s smile. She smiles all the time, even if I need to wake her up in the middle of the night she will smile for me. If I’m dead tired or suffering from a case of morning crankiness she manages to lighten up my mood with her sunshine smile.
2. Travel. Whenever I get the chance I want to travel! If only to a place we haven’t been to in the nearby desert, travelling and exploring new places just makes me happy and elevates my mood.
3. My nieces. I miss them so much! We try to Skype as often as we can and my daughter gets so excited on the Skype she cannot control herself and wants to go kiss and hug her cousins. As much as it cheers me up it does also sometimes make me sad they are so far away though.
4. Pancakes. The Finnish kind. It’s never too late or too early to have pancakes! Pancakes can totally save a crappy day. Last week my husband made me pancakes two times! Once at 5 am when I couldn’t sleep and the other time was for a surprise breakfast in bed.
5. My husband. Nobody makes me laugh like my husband! He always manages to make me in a good mood no matter how bad the day was.
6. Animals. Mainly my own pets but all watching all kind of animals makes me happy as long as they are not being mistreated which is when I get EXTREMELY upset.
7. A walk in the park. Not too many options in Riyadh but my favorite is the Diplomatic Quarter’s astonishing well groomed and private parks.
8. The Ocean. Whether it’s swimming or diving in it or just the fresh ocean breeze, the calming sound of the waves or the salty water splashing on my face when sailing, the ocean will always make me happy and relaxed.
9. Helping someone become happy. It makes me happy to make others happy. Satisfied patients are guaranteed to put me in a good mood. A happy husband makes a happy wife. I hope I can make my family happy although we are so far away now. I love seeing my friends enjoy their time and I love organizing parties!
10. A good night’s sleep. Which used to mean 12 hours for me but now I will be ecstatic to catch more than 6 hours of undisturbed sleep at any hour of the day!
Sign up for email updates!
Join over 6000 Subscribers and get our latest content and updates from Saudi Arabia directly to your inbox.
You might also like:
Hello there! I’m Laura, the founder of Blue Abaya- the first travel blog in Saudi Arabia, established in 2010. Travel has always been my passion- so far I’ve visited 75 countries and I’m always on the lookout for new adventures inside and outside of Saudi Arabia! Follow my adventures in Saudi and beyond on instagram: instagram.com/blueabaya