There’s no doubt that summer is here to stay. It’s getting hotter by the day with recorded temperatures reaching almost 50C! Lots of women are looking for swimming pools in Riyadh that could be used by females only. There aren’t many olympic sized public swimming pools out there, but a few great options are available for those looking for a refreshing and cooling day out at the pool. Whether you’re searching for an indoor or outdoor pool for women in Riyadh look no further!
Top Ten Swimming Pools In Riyadh-UPDATED 2017 version!
- Outdoor wave pool at Diplomatic Quarters Sport Club. The DQ Sports club outdoor and indoor pool have alternating days for women and men. The huge outdoor wave pool area is more like a water park. It’s located in a beautiful garden and has water slides, kids pools and of course the wave pool. A small restaurant/snack bar inside. Membership required!
2. ESPA at Faisaliyah hotel. Women’s only spa inside the Rosewood hotel has a beautiful indoor pool with mosaic design. There’s also a steam room and jacuzzi adjacent to the pool area. Access to pool for spa customers and hotel guests.
3. Riyadh Golf Club Sports Gardens pools. A green oasis in the middle of the desert, the Golf club has plenty of outdoor activities for families including the outdoor pool, children’s pool, mini-golf, basketball and others. Membership required.
4. Al Manahil ladies spa in the Diplomatic Quarter has a large indoor pool accessible for non members and by single payment. Modest swimwear required. Swimming classes for children and adults.
5. Al Luthan women’s only Hotel and Spa has a beautiful indoor pool and also offers aqua fitness classes.
6. Al Aghar Equestrian Club inside the Diplomatic Quarters has a private pool area that can be rented by the hour for private occasions. UPDATE: Unfortunately the Equestrian club pool has been closed until further notice but might open again 2017.
7. Dirab Golf & Country Club located 44km outside Riyadh is a wonderful haven outside the hustle and bustle of the city. Two outdoor pools and also horseback riding available for ladies, abaya free zone.
8. Al Multaka Ladies Center. In addition to an indoor pool, AlMultaka offers a spa and beauty salon, library, shops and a restaurant.
16. Nofa Resort in Tebrak outside Riyadh. Amazing pools to choose from. Corporate or large groups bookings only.
For men I would recommend the Intercontinental hotel outdoor pools (men and children only), Four Seasons hotel at Kingdom Tower outdoor pool, Al Faisaliah resort pool and Ritz Carlton indoor pool (all men and children only).
Get updates from Blue Abaya to your email!
Join 6000+ others and get Blue Abaya's latest updates directly to your inbox.
You might also like:
Hello there! I’m Laura, the founder of Blue Abaya- the first travel blog in Saudi Arabia, established in 2010. Travel has always been my passion- so far I’ve visited 75 countries and I’m always on the lookout for new adventures inside and outside of Saudi Arabia! Follow my adventures in Saudi and beyond on instagram: instagram.com/blueabaya
wow, it sounds lovely. Do you know the fee’s and price range for the places mentioned?
Wow, ii is really hot in Ryadh. Here in Rio, Brazil, is also very hot but the temperatures in Summer are about 45 Degrees in the western part of the city.
But, anyway, I love the sun.
oh I wish there were pictures of all the pools!
Oh I wish there were pictures of all the pools!
I don’t have pics because it’s strictly forbidden to take pics of the female only pools and the ones I have of private istiraha I’m sure the people in the pics would not be very happy about :)
Hi Denise, thanks for the comment and yes I do also love the sun!
Btw, did you know that Riyadh’s nickname is actually “rio” :)
Bootleg, the price ranges vary so much depending on the place, some places require a membeship which can vary from 2000-15,000sar a year. Hourly rates are usually form 50-150sar and the daily rates for istiraha etc are 500-4000 really depends on location and size!
Hi, please suggest any economical place for kids swimming lessons
Also can you please suggest some economical gym for ladies?
jazak Allahu khayran Laylah. Wish i could go:)
As usual, your posts are so entertaining and informative. I am based 600 km from Riyadh as a Pediatrician from India and have visited Riyadh only once since I came here to the Kingdom to work. Keep up the work.
If you have the time, do take a look at my blog http://drtaherofarabia.blogspot.com and especially my newest entry posted on 13th June, viz. http://drtaherofarabia.blogspot.com/2013/06/two-months-down-seven-to-go.html
Thank you dr Taher! Always a pleasure to read comments from you! Sorry for not getting back to you in a more timely manner!
Hi layla, great post as always. I have not visited your images of saudi blog for a long time, I only regularly check for new posts in your blue abaya blog. I seem to just found out that images of saudi blog is no longer open for the public. (: Auwww. Why is that Layla? How long has it been anyway since the blog been made private? I hope you will continue to share your beautiful photographs with your avid readers.
Do you know/suggest a place for teaching kids swimming in Riyadh? I’ve a daughter who is 3.5 years old and we live in City center.
Thanks in advance.
Al Manahil has an indoor pool and they have swimming lessons year round!
Thank You Layla for the quick response.
[…] For a complete list of pools in Riyadh go here. […]
nice swimming pools
What is the charges for the private villa with swimming pool in splash , fantasy land etc
What is the place in al worood that is for women only?
The equestrian centre in the DQ doesn’t have a pool. :(
but they do, last I looked at least :) It’s not on the open, females can swim there so it need to be a closed off area.
Hi Laylah, where is manahil swimming pool.
Appreciate for your great efforts.
hello there, it’s inside theAl Manahil ladies center in diplomatic quarters!
[…] 6. TEN POOLS IN RIYADH TO COOL OFF IN THIS SUMMER! […]
Please let me know exactly where private/family pool is located???
May I know the price of esteraha for family only?
Thanks to provide me some information on women swimming classes. For beginners. Also for girls aged between 8-15. I need the name, telephone numbers of the sports club/facility.
You need to go visit the DQ sports facilities in person, they will not pick up the phone or answer your questions via telephone, sadly.
How much is the membership fee in DQ sports club? are single expats allowed here?
[…] on instagram and you’ll find them. For more Riyadh swimming pools check out this post: Top Ten Swimming Pools in Riyadh The summer heats are a good time to visit The King Abdul Aziz Historical Center and the National […]
Interesting article which helps users to know better about Riyadh place. I’ve been in Riyadh since ever, I visited 2, 3 places in the list. Still Riyadh is a fun-filled and wonderful place to visit..On my next vacation, i don wana miss these places. I am bookmarking this page. Ofcourse these are really some cool places to checkin in summer.